Polish Science Database
Welcome to the Polish Science Database — the oldest and the most complex source of information about Polish scientists, their research work, scientific institutions etc.
The database has been developed and administrated by Information Processing Institute since 1990.
The Polish Science Database contains information about:
- Scientific and R&D institutions – public and private higher education centres, Polish Academy of Science and resort institutions, central administration bodies, non-governmental organisations responsible for the adjustment and implementation of national scientific policies, gatherings, scientific associations and science-related foundations.
- Scientists – Polish citizens (with a PhD degree or higher), Polish scientists working abroad, foreigners working in Polish scientific and R&D institutions, PAN (Polish Academy of Sciences), PAU (Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences), as well as academic advisors and thesis reviewers.
- Scientific reports (SYNABA system) – scientific and R&D papers, doctoral and habilitation dissertations etc.
- Scientific conferences, fairs, showcases – events organised by Polish scientific institutions.
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education research projects – research projects (carried or supervised), development of research projects, commissioned research projects, targeted research projects.
Please notice that information found in the databases is in Polish only. The sole database that contains data in English is Polish Scientists Working Abroad. It can be accessed through the Polish version of this website.
Services of the Polish Science Database
It is possible to order the OPI data sets that meet the selection criteria more complex than those that are available through the forms in various parts of the website. Those are charged data. More information can be obtained at: